“Forgiveness, on the other hand is still, and quietly does nothing.
It offends no aspect of reality, nor seeks to twist it to appearances it likes.
It merely looks, and waits and judges not.”
A Course In Miracles, Workbook Part II. What is Forgiveness? p.4.
The Benefits of Forgiveness
Scientific research shows that learning to forgive is good for your health as it:
• Decreases anxiety and depression
• Heightens feelings of freedom, joy and laughter
• Promotes health and vitality
• Creates stronger and more loving relationships
• Provides a sense of interconnectedness
• Decreases anger and hostility
• Enhances our well-being and peace of mind
• Releases bitterness from our heart
• Increases our capacity to love
• Increases our capacity to trust
• Improves our creative abilities
• Has incredible healing power for those who practice
it in their lives
• Improves sleep patterns
• Resolves symptoms caused by anger and resentment.
Watch your mind for how the ego can sabotage how you feel. How do you re-act to life in general and the people around you? Every time the ego “asserts” in the form of a judgment or critical thought, have a saying ready to replace it such as
“that thought is not true” or
“I prefer peace and I have forgiven.”
Remember YOU are the decider. You rule your mind and can decide how to see something. You do not have to believe your perceptions! You do not have to judge and be separate from the “other” because the TRUTH is….You are ONE.
Find and realize that TRUTH!
Pass the Peace: Click here to sign the National Inner Peace Day petition